Special Education Resources
- Developmental Disabilities Resource Center
- Parent to Parent CO Resources for Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Parent to Parent website
- Parents Encouraging Parents Conference Information
- Peak Parent Center
- Parents Encouraging Parents Brochure
- IDEA Parent Guide
- “Working Together: Building Improved Communication” – courtesy of The Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE). This collection of free resources is designed to support effective collaboration between parents, schools and early childhood programs.
- Learn more about Special Education Law.
- Exceptional Children’s Educational Act Rules: ECEA rules-March 2013
- Federal Register: Assistance to States for the Education of Children With Disabilities and Preschool Grants for Children With Disabilities; Final Rule: Federal Register_2008
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) Glossary – Glossary of IDEA Common Terms (English/Espanol)
- Moms on the Spectrum website.
- Autism Speaks website www.autismspeaks.org/
- National Center for Learning Disabilities website www.ncld.org/
Child Find is part of Colorado’s system for identifying children suspected of having a delay in development. If a young child is not meeting typical developmental milestones, or there is concern about the child’s growth or learning, early intervention may be recommended and provide valuable strategies and tools for a child and their family. With parent consent, child find teams will evaluate how the child plays, learns, speaks, behaves and moves. The purpose of the evaluation is to determine if there is a significant delay or if there is a need for early intervention or special education services. Evaluations conducted by Child Find teams are at no cost to the family.
The Child Find Coordinator for Clear Creek County is Lynn Pinkston. If you have developmental concerns about a young child residing in Clear Creek County, contact Lynn at (303) 679-5715 or at email@example.com.
The Child Find Coordinator for Gilpin County is Beth Worley – 720-562-3101 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Child Find Coordinator for Park County (Platte Canyon School District) is Marilyn Sturek – 303-838-7666 or email@example.com.
For more information please contact: Terri Jones, Ph.D.
Office: 303-838-7666 x1005